What are the 5 refusal skills?
What are the 5 refusal strategies?
- Say “NO THANKS.” The easiest but some forget to try it.
- Strength in numbers.
- Use Humor.
- Give a Reason, Fact or Excuse.
- Cold Shoulder or Ignore.
- Change the Subject.
- Walk Away.
- Broken Record or Repeated Refusal.
What are some refusal techniques?
Here ‘s how to practice refusal skills:
- Give a reason for saying “No.” Be honest. …
- Use the right body language. Your body language has to match your words. …
- Show your concern for others. Express your concern for those trying to persuade you. …
- Suggest something else. …
- Take action.
What are the refusal skills?
Refusal skills are ways to say no when someone is pressuring you to do something you don’t want to do. They can help you avoid the pitfalls of drugs. To develop effective refusal skills, you need to know why you personally don’t want to use drugs.
What are some reasons to refuse alcohol?
10 Reasons Not to Drink Alcohol
- Alcohol may lead to weight gain.
- Alcohol interferes with memory and learning.
- Alcohol increases the likelihood that you will use other drugs.
- Alcohol increases your risk of developing cancer.
- Alcohol can lead to liver disease and other severe, chronic diseases.
What are the 3 refusal skills?
Terms in this set (3)
- step 1 state your process. the first step in resisting negative peer pressure is saying no. …
- step 2 suggest alternatives. If a peer asks you to take part in an activity that you are uncomfortable with, try suggesting another activity. …
- step 3 stand your ground.
What are some examples of refusal skills?
With some changes these skills can also be used to resist the pressure to be a part of bullying!
- Say “NO THANKS.” The easiest but some forget to try it. …
- Strength in numbers. …
- Use Humor. …
- Give a Reason, Fact or Excuse. …
- Cold Shoulder or Ignore. …
- Change the Subject. …
- Walk Away. …
- Broken Record or Repeated Refusal.
Do I use refusal skills when I need to yes or no?
Do I use refusal skills when I need to? Answer. Yes, because the purpose of refusal skills is to give youth the ability to say NO to unwanted sexual advances or risky situations.
What are three strategies for refusing alcohol?
Statements to use in refusing alcohol:
- “I have more positive things in to do in my life.”
- “I don’t need to drink; being sober is a great high.”
- “I would rather hang out at the rec center or student center.”
- Say, “No thanks, I don’t need it.”
- “Sorry, my friends and I have chosen not to drink.”
- “Sorry, I don’t drink.”
How do you teach refusal skills?
Teaching Children Refusal Skills
- Eat good food or junk food.
- Be friendly or ignore others.
- Follow the rules or disobey them.
- Finish schoolwork or quit before it is done.
- Be truthful or lie.
- Listen to the teacher or talk while he/she is talking.
What are some refusal skills for drugs?
When you are offered a drink or drugs, keep the following in mind:
- Say “NO” quickly. …
- Your voice should be clear and firm.
- Make direct eye contact.
- Suggest an alternative: …
- Ask the person to stop offering you a drink and to not do so again.
- Change the subject.
What results can you expect if you practice refusal skills?
What results can you expect of you practice refusal skills? A straight answer, they leave you alone, or they respect your decision.
How do you use refusal skills in a sentence?
refusal skill in a sentence
- They work on good decision-making, self-esteem, resiliency and refusal skills.
- Emma Boe, the POWER Team’s coordinator, said the program teaches refusal skills.
- “‘ Refusal skills “‘are a set of skills designed to help children avoid participating in high-risk behaviors.
How can you say no to alcohol?
5 Ways to Say No to Alcohol When You Don’t Want to Drink
- “I’m Driving” This is the ultimate excuse. …
- “No Thanks, I Just Finished One” …
- “I’ve Had My Limit For Tonight” …
- “I Want to Keep a Clear Head” …
- “I Don’t Drink”
What are the positives of drinking alcohol?
Moderate alcohol consumption may provide some health benefits, such as: Reducing your risk of developing and dying of heart disease. Possibly reducing your risk of ischemic stroke (when the arteries to your brain become narrowed or blocked, causing severely reduced blood flow) Possibly reducing your risk of diabetes.
Is it OK not to drink alcohol?
No Amount Of Alcohol Is Good For Your Health, Global Study Says : NPR. No Amount Of Alcohol Is Good For Your Health, Global Study Says While the study’s authors acknowledge moderate drinking may protect some people against heart disease, these potential benefits do not outweigh the risks of cancer and other diseases.